Wednesday, December 17, 2014

My Fibro Symptoms

How fibro has reared it's ugly head...

Every case of fibromyalgia is different. One person may experience a whole array of symptoms that another does not. So far there have been over 200 of them linked to this illness and I have a feeling there will be more in time.

I actually feel like I am what is termed a "hypochondriac" by many people because I have so many symptoms that seem totally unrelated. The other issue is that they can come and go-one day I may have debilitating pain and the next it can be quite a bit less. Itching is another that seems to come and go and I cannot relate it to any other cause-I will have problems with deep itching that lasts for hours, it will subside then come back again for days or weeks then disappear for several months, only to start again.





If you would like to download or read a whole list collected by Emily Brewer please see her blog by clicking here.

 I have to admit that it really floored me when I realized how much of what was controlling my life could be explained by fibromyalgia. It was hard to accept that I had this syndrome but now that I have come to do just that it has been easier for me to deal with it in a lot of ways. Things I blamed on my "being a baby", or "getting older" are all related to this illness and not because I am out of my mind or creeping up on retirement age.

So, in no particular order, these are my symptoms at this point in time. Like I said, they are not all in evidence every day or even every month as some come and go but those that are starred are ones I have all the time in some degree. Toward the end of the day or when I have over done it and not rested enough, the symptoms are much worse and I have more of them at the same time. Tiredness definitely plays a role for me and I have marked the items that really ramp up when I am tired with a plus sign.

*1.Muscular pain
*2. Sleeplessness/Insomnia
+3. Brain fog
*4. Exhaustion
5. IBS
*6. Carb cravings
7. Gluten intolerance
*8. Profuse sweating with very little exertion
9. Itching deep within muscles
+*10. Forgetfulness
*11. Thirst
12. Night sweats
*13. Cold feet & hands
+*14. Noise intolerance
+15. Headaches
16. Hand tremors
17. Painful joints
18. Inflammation of cartilage between ribs
*19. Morning stiffness
20. Painful skin
21. Pain from light pressure
22. Bruising
23. Muscle spasms & twitches
24. Tender/Trigger points
25. TMJ/Teeth Grinding
26. Carpal Tunnel
*27. Dead or pins and needles in arms/hands from elbows down
28. Neck & scapular pain
+*29. Intolerance to strong smells
+30. Dizziness
+31. Blurred vision
*32. Tinnitus
+*33. Clumsiness
+34. "Losing" words
+35. Lack of balance
+36. Tripping/stumbling/walking like "drunk"
37. Sleep disturbances
+38. Night blindness
+39. Difficulty switching focus from one thing to another
40.Becoming lost in familiar locations when driving
+41. Confusion
+42. Difficulty expressing ideas in words
+43. Difficulty following oral instructions
+44. Difficulty making decisions
+45. Difficulty paying attention
+46. Difficulty putting ideas together to form a complete picture
+47. Difficulty recognizing faces

+48 Reading comprehension is impaired
+49. Difficulty with math problems that were easy before
+50. Easily distracted during a task
+51. Losing track in the middle of a task (remembering what to do next)+52. Staring into space trying to think
+53. Abrupt and/or unpredictable mood swings
+54.Tendency to cry easily
+55.Irritability
+56. Overreaction
57. Bloating
*58. Increased appetite59. Weight gain
60. Decreased libio
61. Allodynia (hypersensitive to touch)
*62. Alteration of taste, smell, and/or hearing
*63. Sensitivity to temperature changes

64. Canker sores
65. Nose bleeds
*66. Hypothyroid



No comments:

Post a Comment