Wednesday, August 19, 2015

I Make Mistakes

I make mistakes. Lots of them. Since my accident that resulted in a TBI and then fibro it means I make more than I ever did and I get so frustrated by it at times. One of the greatest mistakes is not admitting my limits-even to myself. I "forget" I am not the person that I was pre-accident/fibro and I push myself to do more, better, faster or "like I did before."



That is a huge mistake. I was reminded of it again this week when I pushed myself over the weekend at a 4 day festival and I am now "down for the count" and have been for the past 3 days. I anticipate it will be at least another week before I am back to "my normal."

The smart thing that I am doing is taking the time I need now. I am also enlisting the aid of my family to get other things done that I just am not up to doing. For instance, on Monday, I had my son do the driving for places I needed to go because I knew I just was not up for it. I had planned too much for Monday though and had to cancel one appointment with a friend/client which frustrated me and I am sure disappointed her.

Being kind to myself is something I struggle with because I own a business and if I don't work I don't make an income. I also feel guilt because my husband is 69 and still has not retired. I feel like that is my "fault" and while he says it is ok with him, it is not ok with me.

What do you struggle with most with your chronic illness?

No comments:

Post a Comment